So it was him

So it was him, yester night.
I thought I saw him that night when I was walking away from the traffic. But it was a different car so wasn’t really sure. Still there was this ache that I know it was him... but I couldn't really tell. Since my cell phone was snatched the other day, I couldn’t call him up. I could see his glance once or twice then my pace started to turn as a brisk walk. I wanted to run as fast as I could but it wouldn’t matter. He wouldn’t even try to follow me. After a few blocks away, I couldn’t see the long line of traffic anymore and couldn’t see his car or whose car it was.

The next day, the moment I opened my computer and got online he talked to me and mentioned that he saw me last night walking towards home. I tried to be civil and made a conversation that I thought it was him and he just confirmed it. Then he quickly asked how I knew that it was really him. As I said to him, “I knew in my mind that there’s this ache in my heart that it’s telling it IS you.” All he could say was “aww.”

Then that’s the end of the conversation.

I know I shouldn’t be doing this. I know that I shouldn’t be dwelling too much about it. I have a new boyfriend now. I should be moving on.

I am sorry for the pain that I caused on you (my darling) and on myself. I know you asked me to promise you that I’d let you take care of me. And I am trying to do so.

Comments

Popular Posts