Can We Be Friends?

A message from my yahoo popped up - "Can we be friends?"

Looking at the user name I already now who it was. Someone from my past that I don't want to see or talk to. No, this is not my x-best friend but was a fling back in Palawan, October 2000. His name is Adrian. I never wanted to see him or talk to him right after what I heard about him. He lied to me telling me that he loves me and I am the only girl that he wanted. When I went back to Manila, I heard from his friends who came to see me here and told me that he has another girl. Who is older than me and has a thick bank book. Yes, she was filthy rich.

I knew something was wrong the moment his friend contacted me. I liked him and I was already falling at that time but hearning those rumors, I had to ask my so-called cousin who lives in Palawan about this. It was true and there were something else to add but I will not go into details. I'll just believe in Karma.

A few months later that year, he called me every midnight trying to tell me why he did those things. I ignored his calls so he tried to send text messages. He was using that other girl so that he could get himself here in Manila to see me. What a load of bull. Would you honestly want yourself to be accuainted with such a dull stupid fatuous person. If you are then what kind of a person are you? and what am I? I pity that girl that he's with, I really do.

So from that Yahoo Message, I tried to reply in a neutral way that he is no longer welcome. He tried to tell me that he has changed and asked me to give him a chance. He's been looking for me eversince he got here in Manila. (Good thing I told my uncle that if he ever sees that guy never to give my new number or even bring him to the house. Since they know each other from a common friend) I wanted to ask forgiveness from what he did to me.

Five years - It's been five years and he now he's asking for forgiveness? I never thought of planting any hatred to him but I just don't want him in my life. After telling him to stop pestering me, I click on the block option in my yahoo messanger and that was that. I do not want to hate but if someone ever did something very inhumane they are erased from my life. Well, not entirely erased but they will have no any concern coming from me. No regrets; no pity; no nothing.

Do you think I did the right thing? If I let him back in my little world what do you think will happen? I don't want to complicate my life as its already is. For all I know, he might do something terrible, like try to make me fall for him again. But I'm already happy with my boyfriend. I love my boyfriend and I will not tolerate any more misbehavior from anyone that will jeopardize my relationship. I know that my boyfriend has tendency to be very jealous and I know I would feel the same if things like this would happen to Don.

Comments

Unknown said…
tama lang yun. :D oi musta ka na! nangi-isnab ka sa YM :D
Dee said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dee said…
hello marlon. oks lang po ako. sorry kung di ako nagreply sa YM mo nung isang araw.. naglalaro kasi ako ng GunBound.
Ian said…
"I do not want to hate but if someone ever did something very inhumane they are erased from my life. Well, not entirely erased but they will have no any concern coming from me. No regrets; no pity; no nothing."So true. So very, very true. This is about YOUR peace of mind, sweetie, not anyone else's. You don't owe anyone, least of all a bastard like that a damn thing.

I remember getting into a fight with one of my "friends" who challenged me on why I wasn't friends with my ex (obiviously, magkaibigan sila) what I absolutely hated was that I found myself having to justify my actions to her.

What she didn't see was that I was doing it for ME, for my OWN sanity. The fact that she was making me feel bad about myself for having the gall to think of myself muna and not consider the feelings of the person who broke my heart made me sick.

Needless to say we're not friends anymore. And to that, I say: Good Riddance.
Dee said…
:) thanks Ian. And yeah.. you go girl. lolz
Anonymous said…
Ugh. Buti na lang you removed him from your YM. Better have him blocked while the pain is still fresh. YOu obviously haven't forgiven him yet and that's completely understandable. - Bea
Dee said…
There's no pain actually. But I just don't want the memories anymore.. so I shut them out of my life.

Popular Posts