A Make Over?

Ever since I learned about cosmetics and had my worse experience on using them, I swore to myself that I will never ever put one on.
When I was a child, around fourth grade, I had a teacher who put make up on us because we had a dance number in one of the school's holiday event. I think it was the world's youth day. My teacher used the same blush ons, brush, lipsticks and what else you may call them. At the end of the day, my face was itchy. When I got home my dad, I rushed to my parents' room and the light was dim as they were watching some TV show. My dad saw the make up and it was horrible. That was the first time experienced it and that's was the day that I decided that I will never ever wear one.

Year pass and the only thing that I put on are perfumes and a lip gloss or more like those lipsticks that lessens the breaks on your lips. I am not the type who would wear a make up every day and I'm certainly not at putting them on. Since, I've been working in corporate companies, sometimes it is a necessity to wear one. Still, with my kind of job description it is very unlikely that I will be pushed to wear make ups (and I'm glad about it, too).

True enough that time changes people and I lifted my promise of not wearing make ups. I only wear them when there is an occasion. There was a time that I wanted to look pretty because I'll be seeing my boyfriend and I asked my officemate to help me out on that area. I could see my friends now saying, "Yes! Diwa is finally a girl!" (yeah, right.. not wearing make up doesn't really label one as a tom-boy.). Within these past few weeks, I've been trying to dress up right and be concern on the accessories that I wear and match my clothes to boot.

There were times that I would walk pass a small booth in a mall where there are free samples of make-ups and skin care tips. I would sometimes try them out if I am with my cousin who would also try it out. I would never have the courage to step in all by myself. One thing that concerns me with those kind of events is that I never get satisfied with how they put make up on me because sometimes it doesn't look right and sometimes they put too much make-up.

Yesterday, after office hours, my officemate decided to do a make over on me. Since I know her for quite sometime now and knowing that she was the make-up artist in the magazine called Cosmopolitan, I let her do it. What do I get? I got this > *see picture from the right* I took a picture directly from my trusty cellphone and I do not look like that on a daily basis. Comparing the photo on the left (me and mai), I really look entirely different.

I made a joke after the make over session that maybe I should be a model. haha, riiight. I don't see more of myself wearing make-ups like these even if I already seen the result of it. That's one thing that I know about myself. It'll just be on special occasions.

Comments

ewic said…
hehe! astig D, first time kitang nakitang ganyan. nice! =)
Ching Santos said…
Biyotepoll! ^_^
Dee said…
@ewic: ???? uh... sino ka?!

@moonie: nyamat ^_^
ewic said…
D, this is enigma =)
Dee said…
ahhh.... ^^; gomenasai... I forget names most of the time. gomen
Anonymous said…
you look so purty! hail to the makeup!

model ka na. ibang level.

;-)

Popular Posts