All Saint's Day

Prologue:
What do you see when you walk to the path of unknown. You'll never know who you'll meet when you pass by the road. Or people that you may never meet because you're too occupied with your own problems and with your own piled up hatred to some one.. not anyone in particular... but just someone who is out there ready to be beaten up. Although, Hate will not comfort you.




Tuesday, November 1st - it's always the same thing like every year. The folks would pick us up and then we would all go to two Cemeteries; one at the South Cemetery (dead relatives from my father's side) and then the other in 'Baesa' Cemetery (from my mother's side).

As the day started, my mom called me up on my cellphone as she's telling me to go out of my room and have breakfast. I squinted my eyes as the morning light barely spreading in my room and then I looked at the clock on my phone - 8:30am. I jumped out of the bed as quickly as possible and wore my robe like kimono. Mom had bought some breakfast from Jolibee. After breakfast it started to rain. We took out our umbrella and walked our way to the cemetery, since it's just a few blocks away.

As we reached the place, I've forgotten the pain from missing my favorite Aunt who died when I was about to graduate from High School. Looking at her name carved on a tombstone, I started to wonder what is she thinking right now after all these years. Is she disappointed at me knowing that I'm still not as the Cartoon Animator that I said to her that I will be somewhere in the future. I guess, I'll never know; knowing that I've moved away from animation a very long time ago. I still do think about it every now and then; of making my own animation still I have too many things to do and can't think up of a story for my own.

Lunch time - the time when we usually leave the cemetery and look for a place to eat then head off to Baesa Cemetery. It's somewhere inbetween Novaliches and Balintawak. Going there was not a problem, we got ourselves a nice parking space a bit more closer to the gates. From the inside there are still so many people around just like last year. I was surprised that the usual path that we go through is now covered by a new wall. So we had to walk a bit further inside. When we reached the place, my relatives from my mother's side were there, mostly my nephews and nieces. It's a funny thing to see them almost as old as I am. One nephew is actually older than me with a few months inbetween. We started talking about current stuffs like work, animes, and games (online games). The two brother and sister were asking me some items in Ragnarok (Chaos) *good lord* Haha... things will never change.

A few hours later, they started a prayer (around 3 o'clock). A prayer for our dead loved ones. I stopped my blabbering and lowered my head, giving some respect. I never really know these kind of practices since I don't practive our religion anymore. I remember earlier today, my dad was talking to me about faith in God Almighty. It started when we passed a booth where there are these christian folks preaching the words of God, as I muttered "Why do they need to do that?" The conversation went as far as we walked to the gates and then my dad uttered "Could be because I wasn't officially baptised in church when I was still a baby. Could be the reason why I haven't accepted God."

My faith to God is as good as it gets. As they say,
"God only helps those who help themselves."
I believe that there is a God and that's it. Believing in the church... that is another matter. Those who would despise me... well that's another matter. I would say then, is that how your church teach people now?
"Do not judge a book by its cover."
At the gate, my dad changed the subject since there's no sense in talking more about the issue. I have chosen my path in believing something. Atleast there is something, right? There are times that I visited the church and that was a long time. I was searching for something to believe in but being in the church doesn't give any fulfillment. After a while, I went to read the bible and looking as some excerpts and other things that would enlighten me from that area. I remember there was a time that my officemate and had a few talks about religion. I remember telling them, "what I didn't like about religion, in general, is that it's demeaning the humanity of a person. Taking their own common-sense of what will hurt others inspite of everything." That's when the conversation ended.

The prayer ended after an hour and they all did the sign of the cross (mind, body, and soul). I noticed that all of them were almost in synchronized and then I noticed that my family (including me) didn't do the sign of the cross. *hmm funny*

After a while we went home. We had an early dinner in Chowking and dad drove us home.

So that's about it. Another day pass... tomorrow's another thing...`coz I have work. :)

Comments

Popular Posts