If I were a book...

Ideas are only Ideas unless you make them RealI could be the best seller in a small town or even the whole country; but alas, I am not. I only know a few words and still trying to learn more words everyday in the dictionary. I sometimes make mistakes on my grammars and I do find it nice when a close friend corrects me.

My mind is filled with thoughts; stories from the pasts; hopes for the future; mental notes on my everyday mishaps that I sometimes wish that I could make people realize things from what I experienced.

I had this book called The Alchemist. I'm not a book worm and I only often read books before I go to sleep. This book (the alchemist) was a gift from a friend of mine. It got me somewhat inspired to look for my own "Treasure". Sad to say, I never get to finish the book because I lost it somewhere. I was almost at the end of the chapter and it's gone. I guess, I have to save up to buy a new one. :( So sorry, Kage no Ryu, I lost your precious gift.

"Watashi wa hon des'" 私は本である (Japanese language meaning I am a book) - This is what my friends and I, in college, used to say to each other before shaking hands. We are bunch of Otakus (Anime/Manga Freaks). The greeting was sort of an inside joke between us friends. It was them, who got me really interested on learning Japanese (aside from having a Japanese Exchange Student living in my house when I was in grade school). Alas, for a long time that I have not spoken the language, I forgot most of them and couldn't get the syllables and prefixes correctly.

Ever since I got a hold of the internet, most of my books seem to be gathering dusts and cobwebs. A collection of Manga's (Japanese Comic Books); Friend's of ED Flash books; Art Nouveau; Japanese Dictionary; English-Tagalog Dictionary; Steno Dictionary; And then books from my mom's collections; Her notes of poems and prose, just to name a few.

There's this book that I read before and there's a part where it struck me. I can't remember what the title of the book was but this is what I somewhat remember "I am no scholar, I am no philosopher... I have never been able to pursue that phantom of truth throughout the labyrinth of factual knowledge. But I have a taste of a scholarly life from time to time. I have flirted with it, partly out of curiosity and partly out of the frequent feeling that I am squandering my life..." - Claudio

I feel like I am that person from what I read in that book. If I were a book... I could just be another printed pieces of paper bind with a soft cover that a person would just read once and throw it away. Still, I do hope that even if I've been read once... A part of me will be remembered.

Special Note: "Whose Shake Is This!!?". Whoever you are, my thanks for the complements about my blog. ^_^

Comments

Popular Posts