Thepoet's Journey

Thepoet's Journey

Saturday, the 26th - a young lady stepped out from an old broken house carrying a leather bag, with her hair short she didn't bother to look at the mirror and didn't need to style her hair. Most days she couldn't tell what colour her clothes were because she lost her mother while she was still very young. She looked behind at the door that had quickly been shut by the rough wind; slowly she went on to the road going North West. Her face was blank as she sighed and hanged her head down. Not for long she reached the gates of Prontera City.

"Here we are," she said to herself. "Now what am I going to do?"

Without any knowledge of the city she roamed inside looking so helplessly. Going further at the centre of the city, it was a busy street. Full of merchants trying to make a living as swordsmen and other classes goes about their business. The young lady looked from left to right with astonishment until she abruptly collided with a merchant.

"HEY! Watch it, lady!" the man said as he dropped a few apples. "You're making me loose money."

"I'm terribly sorry, Mister," she said backing up a few steps. "I'm just new here and I don't know my way yet."

"Well you'd better be careful then, missy, there are a lot of thugs in here."
The merchant pulled up a sign and started to sell. "Go to the city library and maybe that'll help, but I warn you don't make any the librarian angry. It's in the northern part of the city. Its before the bridge to the castle's entrance, you won't miss it," He continued.

"Thank you, Sir! Thank you very much." She managed about half of her nervous smile flipped her short blonde hair. "Uh, may I know your name, Sir?"

The man thought for a moment turned and looked around, waved his head telling her to come closer. The girl walked over to the boxes. The merchant reached over and gave her an old map then he smiled, "this is for you. My name is Mike, now scoot I have a lot of things to do."

She quickly bowed and ran towards the northern area of the city. She spotted the building with a huge carved stone shaped like a book and went inside right away. When she got in, it was too quiet and somewhat filthy. There was nobody there except for the librarian who was snoring sleeplessly over the desk. The young girl wandered all the way around the archives in circles, and turned left, she took out a large almanac. She placed it over the large table and gust off the dust that grasped onto it for many years. The grime almost made her sneeze but she held her breath so she won't be able to and not wake up the man sleeping. Within a few second, the young girl's stomach growled so loudly that the librarian woke up feeling so embarrassed. The librarian feeling so angrily, "Who are you?" he said. Standing up from the chair and went right next to the girl.

"My n-name..." she started to jitter but before she could utter her name there was a commotion outside. The librarian pulled the girl out of the building and they both saw some young second class who were newly promoted from being an apprentice trying out their new skills and boasting around with such pride. One cracked a dead branch and it woken up a giant ghost like creature. As it floated around they tried to kill it before it could escape.

"You fools! Get out of here," the man shouted. "Can't you see this is a library? And you people are making so much noise."

"Hey old man!" one of the young wizard in the ground stood up. "If you weren't so grumpy people would have been respectful of entering your library and actually use it." The other laughed while pointing at the librarian. The area was heating up and so the young girl quickly left the place and outside the city. Still in her mind she couldn't ignore the fact that she's hungry. Suddenly, a creature came out of the bushes; the girl took out her knife and tried to kill it. With a few bites and bruises she managed to kill the living thing. For some reason she immediately felt that she was getting stronger. "That's strange." She said, her curiosity crawled in and wanted to try again. She managed to kill a batch of those bouncing creatures that looked like a blob. "Hey, I'm getting good at this."

"Indeed you are," a deep voice from behind, as the girl slowly turned to see whose words it came from. He was a feet taller than her with a red bushy haired carrying a sword that looked like he doesn't look at the mirror at all, the girl quivered deep inside.

"W-who are you, mister?" she leered at him.

"Nobody you know, missy." He sat over a huge rock as he struck his sword down onto the ground. "The name is Feral; I am a swordsman training to be a knight. So what is a girl like you doing in a place like this?" he took out a piece of apple throwing it towards the girl. "And what is your name by the way?"

"Thank you for the apple," she sat down from where she stood and took a small bite. "My name is Aeloria but I'd rather be called as - thepoet."

"That's a strange name to be called." He said as he looked around, "but if that's what you wish to be called then very well." The swordsman quickly stood up as a lady knight approached.

"Feral what are you doing lounging around," she said as she puffed a cigar's smoke to his face while pushing back her braided golden hair. "You should be at the training grounds. Down at the Byalan Dungeons."

"I was in the Culvert, Kushana," he complained. "I just went up for a rest, and then I saw this girl fighting fight of a lunatic. From the looks of her she's well built and has a potential for training along side me."

"He-he," the lady knight looked over and saw the young girl. "You always have the nerve to get a girl's attention."

Thepoet smiled with such disregard of trying to get her involve. "I must go," the young one quickly interrupted.

"Oh hey wait," the lady knight stepped down from her peco-peco. "Don't leave because of me. The name's Kushana. Feral here is a friend of mine in the academy. He's always looking for some girl to recruit into the academy."

"Well, I was actually thinking of going to sign-up for the academy but now, I am having doubts." Thepoet jested.

Feral's eyes widened and immediately tried to change her mind, "lady, don't you worry. I don't have any bad intention on looking for someone like you to recruit in the academy. I have much respect for the ladies."

Kushana continued, "Yeah. I for one would be glad if you sign up. There are only a few female knights here and I think you'll fit in well enough," And as she started off, someone called after her. "Don't mess the young girl's mind."

Kushana stopped; turned to look halfway behind her. "I ran into lots of people like you in the service. Taking in more knights would bring the whole basilica squad down. Of course it wouldn't be decent of me to push someone on what they want." A man came into the scene wearing black a robe with golden embroidery with a gold pendant that has a tilted crescent on it over his chest.

Feral looked at him quickly, and then looked away. He muttered, "If it weren't anything to me. Shouldn't be nothing to you either now, should it?" as he sat on the huge rock once again.

The man in the robe walked up towards thepoet, "With this one girl here? It is, though." He leaned over, "I am Ilog, one the undead hunters here in the Land of Midgard. You must be Aeloria from Geffen, daughter of the Eyre Family. God Bless their soul."

Thepoet took Ilog's outstretched hand and shook it, "Hello." She said.

At first thepoet didn't move. Then she stared at Ilog for a moment and said, "You're one of those people...in the conclave along with the other clerics. You are one of the fragoris animi guilds."

Ilog muttered, "Yes, I am," and kneeled next to her. "And Kushana's also one of them."

A few seconds later Kushana climbed back up on her peco-peco. This time she was quiet, standing a few feet next to Ilog. "Sounds like, this is going to be a long day," Kushana looked over at Feral, whose mouth was hanging slightly open. Thepoet watched as, suddenly, Feral snapped his mouth, stoop up, and picked up his sword. He shoved Kushana's peco-peco out of his way and stepped out into the road. Thepoet got up and turned towards Feral. She seemed to be struck dumb, like she had forgotten how to speak entirely.

"The charmer," Feral smirked, "always the charmer."

Ilog said, "No, that's not right, Feral. There's something you don't know about this girl."

"And I suppose you do?" Feral turned with such a sore face mocking Ilog.

Thepoet quickly stepped between them, "wait! There's something I want to say." She pushed the two on each other's side, "if I tell you, do you promise not to tell anybody? Not your friends or any of your relatives. Or even react."

The three nod in silence.

"First thing, I have no idea on what job to pursue, ok?" she looked at Feral, "until now..." and then at Ilog. "All I wanted was to get out of where I was before. I am an orphan, I live with my aunt and her family, and they treated me like I was nobody ever since my brother died. I found a piece of a broken necklace from my dead brother's old blue box that my relatives had hidden from me. When I saw that piece of necklace, I felt like going here and try to search or find what happened to him."

Ilog didn't actually looked at thepoet, but he muttered, "Per fas et nefas" (by fair means) he looked at thepoet and made a face, like he had seen something weird.

Thepoet asked him, "summatus?" Thepoet gasped. "You have got to tell me!"

Ilog fiddled with his pendant, "not anymore." He stood up with a sad face clearly there was something in his mind. "Your brother and I were in a battle in Glast Heim, the city of the dead. I was only an acolyte back then, his apprentice. What happened to him made me think twice about where I am now. He gave his life to save me, that's how I wound up out at the conclave." he turned right trying not to look at the young girl's watery eyes. "You're not safe here. You're a girl alone here."

"I'm not alone." Thepoet snapped. "Don't tell me that! I know my brother died and left me here alone. I came here for a reason and now I know that. I want to be..."

"I don't th-" Ilog tried to say something.

"I want to be a cleric! Please sir," thepoet ran in front of Ilog. "Take me as your student."

Ilog stared at thepoet intensely until he uttered, "it is not up to me to teach you but I can guide you which way. You're faith has to be whole and not because of this revenge."

Thepoet smiled and nod her head slightly. "What? Is the show over?" Feral said seemingly to be surprised as he entered the conversation.

"Let's just say the tour is over" Kushana joined behind Ilog, "but the journey has just begun."

Comments

Popular Posts