Baah, Ram, You!

Prologue: People in general often believe of what other folks think about themselves. Blame it on the old society's belief. Wanting to be the 'Norms'. As years would pass, people will learn and people will re-act. It's been a while since I really posted anything that could be meaningful to someone or rather inspiring. So let me, once again, try to enlighten you from my experience with my new found friends. I spent half the night hanging out with them outside our office as we waited for the rain to stop from eleven in the evening till two in the morning.

Sitting on a cold concrete stairway: This guy that I met a few weeks ago (whom I will now call as ryu) the thing that I saw in him, he often tries to be a good friend to the people that he meets. It's a sweet effort and a nice thought that someone like him does care. He went to the office to help out one of my officemate as she needed someone to talk, wanting to rant out her frustrations and her problems, since her boyfriend couldn't be there. Funny to see her situation, the boyfriend is a very addicted gamer, he'd rather stay in their house and play online games or console games than visit his girlfriend and have time with her. As she said to us, "He's only a good boyfriend if I go to his house. He would cook for me and would really care for me but that's just it. He doesn't make an effort to call; He never goes to the office and picks me up; He doesn't say hi..."

She doesn't know if she love him or what and they've been going on for a year now, I think. The guy doesn't have work and he's only a few months younger than her. Though, I thought that the guy was kind of sweet when he's the one who made an effort to celebrate their anniversary. A real party last May 1. This reminds me why I don't want to have a relationship with a younger man. Still, it seems that I'm pretending. Here I am thinking that my love-life is ok. Recalling what ryu said to me when I uttered the words, "I have a boyfriend." As he said to it, "Gawd, I do hope that you do." I quickly looked away from him thinking I don't need to prove that to him. I know my boyfriend cares for me but right now, he needs to work.

Going back, ryu started telling his problem. His x-girlfriend is now begging for him to go back but he doesn't want her anymore. The x's being too self-centered and possessive. He then continued on telling what that x of his did to his other past relationships. The girl had a cat fight with the girlfriend before her and the girlfriend after. I quickly said, "Then go to her and tell her off. Not through calls or through txt." My officemate agreed with me and added a few more thoughts that don't stay just because of the sex. Some people wouldn't want to leave because of something happened. Those words lingered in my head, making me think of my own situation... "Is it really just because of the sex?" then I just laughed at myself. I quickly told ryu that sex isn't everything; it's just a spice in the relationship. I mean, when you get old, you won't be able to do it anyway. There has to be something there that both of you care for each other and both to be understanding. I know it’s hard for me to say those things when I know clearly in my situation that it is somewhat the same.

I added more quotes asking him on what he thinks of it, "Women gives sex just to have love and men gives love just to have sex." True or False? He told us a situation that would show that he's not one of those. I then became this Devil's advocate and said to him, "That's just one situation." I smiled and my officemate laughed. For a while the conversation branched on to different things.

Then the rain stopped and told my friends that its time to go. My officemate went back to the office to play more online games, as I tried to tell her to take more rest than lock herself in front of the PC. She said to me that she loves to role-play that's why she needs to go online. I then said to her that being a role-player is ok, I'm a role-player but you need to get in touch with nature. I didn't want to be all bossy and so I let her decide what she wants and waved good bye.

The other friend asked me if it’s ok for him to walk with me since he's also going towards the same direction. I said sure then we continue on talking about 'life' and being friends. He was curious why he feels that I'm so detached with almost everything. I told him as straight as I could, that I do not to impose myself to anyone just like what he's somewhat doing. Making promising himself to be a friend to all of the people he'd meet. Because I used to be like that and honestly, it didn't turn out so well (I became gullible and too naive believing that all people ARE good at heart).

I then reminded him of a line from the "Lord of the Ring" movie.

"It is not us who decided on what path it is to be given, but it is up to us on what to do on the task that is given to us."

Comments

Popular Posts