Brain Loss: Major Set Back

Prologue: It’s been months that I’m away from being sort of a geek in my own geek world. I haven't touched PHP programming; Flash Action Scripts; HTML’s; and the like. Since I've only been doing web designs, graphic loading screens, playing Ragnarok all day long, and chatting. Here’s my horrific adventure on trying to fix MAXX (the name of my computer, at first I actually thought of calling it Lyn or Don but I made a promise that I’d name my pc’s with the letter x at the end). A note to this tale: Some parts were some what exaggerated. ^_^

Friday the 13th, I had fucked up trying to clean my computer from some virus. I accidentally SHIFT+DEL a file that I totally forgot what it was. I don't know what came over me. I woke up the next day and opened my computer. The internet won't show up but my modem was connected to my ISP already. I ran CMD for the command prompt in windows; typed in IPCONFIG and it said that there was an error. WTF!? I made an effort to call my boyfriend for help but he was in a bad mood. I then tried to fix the OS on my own. Since, I had total confidence on fixing my MAXX.

Going back to the command prompt, I wanted to go to a specific directory and all of a sudden my brain couldn’t process what command to use. My fingers started to shake and in my mind I’m trying to recall them. My pride started to break as my mind shouted, “Nooooooo! This can’t be happening?!” Like a child losing a very precious thing, I tried harder to recall my basic DOS commands. I held my head with both of my hands trying not to slam myself against the computer table, when all of a sudden my digital alarm clock at the headboard of my bed started ringing.

It’s seven in the morning; like a daily routine I stood from my place and walked straight to my bath room. After fifteen minutes, I walk out drying my hair with my favorite towel and walked into my closet room; an area almost half the size of my own bed room with my clothes on one side and left over clothes from parents after they moved. Thinking of what to wear for the day to go to the office it suddenly hit me. “It’s Saturday.” I could hear the roar of my brother’s industrial fan in his room and I was still feeling drowsy. “There will be another time MAXX,” I said to myself and went back to bed.

***

A familiar sound of Final Fantasy tactics woke me up at around eleven in the evening. My brother’s playing it again. I stood up and said hello to MAXX (pushing the on button). I waited for a few seconds and pressed F8 then selected to boot in DOS Prompt with CD-Driver. Instead of going to the C prompt it booted up in windows. “What the f-?! This is just not my day.”

I didn’t want to think anymore and just made copies of my files in my other Hard Drive since I ran out of Blank Writable CDs. I then walked to my brother’s room and asked for help. He reformatted my hard drive and it was finally ok.

Right now, MAXX is still recovering from its loss. I haven’t installed much app yet. Only MU Online, GunBound, Yahoo, Photoshop, OpenCanvas. I’m still having trouble with the OS though. Somehow the task manager won't show up when I used CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or ALT+CTRL+DEL. Sometimes it does show up but then it would disappear as instant as it popped up. And some of my installers won’t run. I can’t run my RBO installer (Ragnarok Battle Offline); the GunBound gets an error on every time the update reaches 5 of 13. I tried reinstalling GunBound but it would have errors and then my PC would stall. Any help from you guys would be VERY much appreciated.

Comments

Popular Posts