Starwars: Episode III

WARNING! For those who have not seen the Movie yet, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER. Unless you have no intension on watching the movie or already has an idea of how the movie went you may continue. ^_^ this is my RANT on the movie...

For something that needs to show connection to the 4th episode it was ok, but for as a movie it was somewhat cheesy. I almost fell asleep on most of the fighting scene. "FIGHTING" scene; it supposed to scenes that will keep you awake, right?

Cheesy Lines that my officemates and I had some laughs:

Palpatine: Anakin, I'm getting weak. I can't hold on much longer. Help meh?!
From that scene I slapped my face lightly and thought -- "WTF?!" Looking at Anakin, being the "chosen one" he was really dumb to be fooled with his anger too much wanting to save Padme.

Anakin: (sitting after helping the Supreme Chancellor) What have I done?
Ah yes, what HAVE you done. hehe.

Obi Wan: (talking to Anakin) I taught you everything I know and even surpassed my knowledge of the Force.
Connecting this one from what Anakin had done... well maybe Obi Wan's not a good teacher. Just like what my officemate said with a chinese accent "First class student! First class teacher! Lousy student! Lousy teacher!" Ahaha.. that one made me laugh.

Obi Wan: Give it up, Anakin. I have the higher ground!
Oh yeah, this was really a dumb move from Anakin. I mean... IF Ani had not twirled while jumping his legs couldn't have been cut off and lost the fight, eh? Am I right? or am I riiiight? My officemate stood up from his chair and acted out like Obi Wan thinking "C'mon twirl, demmet, twirl! I taught you that. I should know, that's my style!" yeeeeesh. So, Obi Wan wasn't such a lousy teacher after all, eh?

Anakin: You're so beautiful.
Padme: (replying to Ani) it’s because I'm inlove.
Ani: (talks back) No, it’s because I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU.
Padme: Love is blind then?
Woosh...ok this one's reeeaaaaly cheesy but then again... yeah... she was pregnant and I'm guessing she's having those mood swings. Pregnant women are very very emotional so better be careful. Then here the ultimate line that really made me use it in my status in yahoo and in the office.
Padme: YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART, ANAKIN!!

My officemate who is one of the manager in the community said something to us giving us more overtime work. I suddenly blurted "You're breaking my heart, Anakin!" and everyone laughed and that's when it started the conversation on making fun of the movie.

In any case for Nostalgic effect it was a pretty OK film. I love the animal that Obi Wan used to ride. A semi-comodo dragon with a head like a griffin or pheonix like. It looked sooo cute, I wanna ride one. heh.

Comments

Dee said…
You're breaking my heart, Anikin!!! (bwahahaha)
Anonymous said…
As a supreme fan of starwars,let me point out a logical explanation according to the big man Lucas himself.

Palpatine: Anakin, I'm getting weak. I can't hold on much longer. Help meh?!
---Accdg to the jedi code:
jedis are obliged to help the needy and spare the weak.these two things plus anakin's will to know the truth about the midichlorean manipulation to immortality fueled his desire to the darkside and eventually ending up helping palps.

Anakin: (sitting after helping the Supreme Chancellor) What have I done?
-- he's obviously confused at this point.see previous explanation.

Obi Wan: (talking to Anakin) I taught you everything I know and even surpassed my knowledge of the Force.
-- obi wan isnt really that great of a master during the Prequel timeline. it is after the clone wars (Original timeline)that he became much aware of his capabilities, (after training with qui-gon)he's really not that lousy.He's just not that good on passing on his knowledge to his padawan during the PT.if you saw the original trilogy you'll definitely agree with me.

Obi Wan: Give it up, Anakin. I have the higher ground!

--this is a rule taken from "art of war" by sun tzu.anyone who has the upper ground basically has an overwhelming edge over the opposition.on any sword based martial art, any overhead leaping attack leaves the offensive side open for a totally damaging counterattack.not unless you leap like hell ala kenshin himura.the only blindspot worth exploiting is directly above the human head.

notice the part where yoda and darth ssidious dueled? ever wondered why yoda bailed out even though he held his own against the sith lord? its because he's wise enough to notice that palps had the higher ground.

may the force enlighten us all..

just a jedi master passing by..
peace.
Reginald said…
zOMG! You just spoiled teh movie for meh!!!!1!1!!111!

Just kidding. I love spoilers. =p
Dee said…
don't get me wrong about the movie. i love starwars myself.. but I'm just not liking the part where they tried to put in sappy lines. Knowing my condition right now having my PMS and yearning for some ATTENTION from a certain someone doesn't really help, you know?
Dee said…
frag it... i don't care anymore.. if you want me... you know where to find me

Popular Posts