The boogie man

The boogie man

Early today, I woke up from my aunt’s shouting who was on the roof calling for my name and trying to wake me up. It’s supposed to be a birthday lunch celebration at my parents’ house for me, my dad, and my brother’s wife. By Tuesday, it’ll be my twenty-sixth year in this world and as I would like to sing that song that I’ve always appreciated “25 years”. As it the lyrics go, “still trying to get that great big hill of hope, for a destination.

I think everyone has gone through this sort of phase (being in a recollection of some what). What have I been doing to my life? What do I need to do? What strength in me lies upon the edge of a knife? Do I dare cross and take the path as it is, walk upon the blade that makes us bleed until there is no more blood left in our veins? Some people have seen it; realized it and some would even jump for it, with both feet. I know what I must to. Although, I am afraid to do it, I am scared like a little girl. Hiding behind a huge teddy bear, turn a blind side or close my eyes until it goes away. The boogie man is out to get me.

This is the boogieman that’s been hanging around under my bed (afraid to be a grown up). Although, I know I’ve over come it most of the time. That I need to live my life, work, play, love, laugh, and cry. The world will not look down nor look up on us. It is us who must move the world.

“Even the small one can change the world.” – Galadrea (Lord of the Rings)

There’s one thing my parents and my grandparents taught me that we should stick together no matter what. Love your brothers and sisters because when there is no one left, they are there. Don’t ever take them for granted. Though, sometimes I do feel that I am being left out or is it the other way around? Before the day ended, I sat to next to my relatives and with my mother who were playing Bingo. They gave me the bag or what ever you call it that contains the numbers for the cards and made me the one to announce and pick out the little numbered balls. It was fun but somehow I felt empty, I don’t know why. It felt so ordinary and that made me sad in a way, still I am happy and I will cherish that. I am with my love ones.

Comments

Popular Posts