Flight 0587

A deadline to beat; a promise to keep; and a love to presserve.

I am stuck here in Northern Samar until Wednesday. The flight that we were about to ride back to what I know and call "civilization". At the airport as we were waiting for the plane the rain started to fall like it had never rained before. The plane arrived and as it landed it slipped off track and overshot the runway crashing to the rice fields. Yes, rice fields. Samar is an island; a province, 45 minute plane ride down south from Manila (the capital of the Philippines). We didn't know about this until it took too long for the plane to come back.

This morning, I just couldn't contain myself from the fact that I won't be able to go home to my precious life in Manila for two days more and that I'm running out of money to keep myself from going crazy out here. I'm just glad that there's an internet cafe here in the university that we are staying for the mean time. the president of my mom's office was kind enough to accomodate us. My cousin was trying to comfort me and asked me if the people in my office can send me the file for my deadline. I then said.. is there a computer here good enough to be able to accomodate php bundle softwares, photoshop, and ftp access. Even if with that kind of specification that there'd be a computer shop hat has that it'll take me a whole day to do it and I don't have the money to rent the place.

Why am I in Samar, anyway? My mom insisted that I'd follow her here in Samar for the weekend since she has a seminar that started last November 5 and supposed to end today. This is one adventure that I did not expect, and maybe it's because I need to experience one. I don't have anymore clean clothes; not enough money to go around with; and my body is aching terribly. I had asked my mom to by me a bottle of ascorbic acid for me to chew on.. because that's what I usually do when I'm in a situation like this. Panic. I dunno, maybe I'm an obssessive compulsive kind of person on certain things.


I sent my boss a text message and all he asked was about my deadlines. *SHEESH*

Anyway, yeah I'm ok. I'm fine. No scratch, no blood loss, nothing to worry much about.. just like my ex would say to me... on not making a fuss about things ilke this. It's not a near death experience anyway. I'm not the one who's riding the plane when it landed. About that, the passengers are alright. They are ok, shaken but ok. Thank God that they are not really hurt.

I took a photo of the plane that crashed but it's in a manual camera and i'll develope it when I get back to Manila.

No doubt that Samar is a nice place to visit, lots of islands and beaches to go to. Not much technology around except for the internet, a few places with Aircondition, and don't forget the Karaoke bars. At night, I could see the moon shinning so brightly, so bright that it elluminates the road. Although, the mosquitoes here are really huge and their bite really hurts. Aside from that.. there's cable... the people are so nice... i just don't understand what the others are saying. Good thing that my mother has a staff that lives in this place and toured us along.

See yah folks.. I have to look for new clothes and look for a place to charge this cellphone of mine that doesn't even have a signal in certain areas. heehee.. bleh...

Comments

Popular Posts