The truth about...

Yesterday morning, before I went to work I cooked myself my first meal that I brought to the office. I don't usually do that. Most of the time, I eat out with my office buddies. My aunt saw me and gave me a late Christmas present. As usual, more clothes. Although, I wish they would give me clothes that I could actually wear for the office. Something semi-casual and not too casual. Ever since that incident after the Christmas party, I don't really want to have lunch with that guy who I thought was a good friend. What was it about? He tried to kiss me even if he knew that I already have a boyfriend. Never mind what happened back then, it's done.

My cousin from my mother's side said to me once that if I have the body why not show it. Gah! My dad's pride of having a 'pretty' daughter would scale up higher than I could imagine. I've already got too many stalkers to worry about because of what I wear but then again, I like the clothes that they give me. I'm just not too keen on some guys gawking at me as if they're already thinking of something malicious. This is one attention that I do not wish for but I do admit that I'm the girl who wants attention. The attention that never got from my parents.

I recall that this is one frustration that I had since college. That I don't want men to like me because of my looks but for who I am and what I am. One of my cousin's frustration is that she wish to look prettier so that guys would like her enough to stay. I envy her sometimes because she's smarter than me and much more responsible. Ironic isn't it? This reminds me of the movie “The Truth About Cats & Dogs” back in 1996 where Uma Thurman playing as Noelle (a beautiful model but not so smart) and Janeane Garofalo as Abby (the smart but not so good looking). But let's face it. We can't have everything. If I weren't so good looking, I wouldn't find someone who I want, right? Crappy attitude, I think. Some guys that I dated didn't even have the guts to keep up so dump them I shall.

Yesterday, I am just glad that I had a talk with two of my friends over YM. As the truth came out so unexpectedly. The guy who I like for five months now also likes me. But then again, I have a boyfriend. Or do I still have one? I'd like to give my boyfriend a chance but it's been a month since he made a real effort.

Later, I have a lunch date and also a coffee date with two different guy friends. I'm really thankful that I have friends who appreciate me for who I am.

Comments

Popular Posts