It's a new dawn, it's a new day.

It's a new life for me... and I'm feeling Good. Playing the song from Nina Simone “Feeling Good.” Her songs doesn't get old for my taste or maybe it's because it was an influence from my parents. I woke up very late as I know it's a holiday and no work till tomorrow. I curled up under my blanket as I felt the cold. The day was greeted with a cool gentle rain in which I thought was a nice way to start the year. I stretched and then set up my computer to play Nina Simone all day as I managed to clean my room and moved the furniture around, just like what I do every year. I guess, it's been somewhat of a tradition that I grew fond of when my parents still lived in this house. Moving most of the furniture around as it was advised in fung shui. Unfortunately, this should be applied in the whole house and not just my room. I don't think I'll be able to accomplish that in one whole day. After cleaning up, I took a bath afterwards. Spent and hour soaked in a bath tub while the aroma of cool water spreads through out the house.

I found myself a new reason why I should live and a drive for excellence. My pain for what I lost last year, as my cousin said to me “it will just be a funny dinner conversation.” I think he's right. It's 2006, there are a lot of things to look forward to. New friends; more work (hehe); What's my new year's resolution for 2006? As I look back, posted pictures on my wall. My pictures and places that I've gone to. I never get to do what I used to do the moment I left college. Hang out with friends, write more stories and poetries, read books, watch movies like I usually do (once a week). I need to focus once again... be who I used to be. All cheerful and optimistic. That's how I was and it was great. Face the day with a smile and hope for the best.

What lies before us is up to us to let it unfold. One thing that I learned from the past is that being honest and open to yourself will ease most of all the troubles in one's heart.


Happy New Year Everyone. :)


Comments

Popular Posts