Pre-Marital Sex: A sin or not?

The first thing to thinking about this is... “Who ever came up with this rule of not having sex before marriage?” -- The church. am I right?

It’s a tradition that's been old and passed down to generation and more generations to come. One cannot ignore the fact that this issue will be brought up as each generation starts or be born. We all have our own beliefs and just like religion a behavior that is engraved within our minds since we were young by our parents, friends, relatives, teachers, and most importantly the society.

From the way that I was brought up, my mother would always tell me not to give myself to a guy before marriage. This is not because of what others would say, “It is a sin.” It is merely because my mother believes that “sex” is the only thing a guy is after in a girl (A general thinking of a feminist knowledge). My mother being liberated, her only concern is what I would feel if I ever get hurt. True enough some of my past relationship, they would look for another girl since I don’t give myself that easily. That's not what a relationship should be based on.

Here’s also another way of thinking about how and why they say that it’s a ‘sin’. The world is so populated and maybe this is one way to control the growth of the population. Since back then, there were no birth control (pills, condoms, and the likes). Only a few, before, knows the cycle of a woman’s body.

Who, here, has every experienced a good and proper sex education in school? I couldn’t recall if my school (grade school or even high school) ever did try to educate their students with this. Maybe it was in high school sophomore that I had a couple of lesson from our teacher who was so conservative only letting us read on the different types of contraceptive but never did open up the topic of pre-marital sex. Never had she told us that it was a sin because her teaching is about sex education and not religion.

So, I don’t believe that it’s a sin. If one starts to itch then the answer to that is (get a towel and go to the bathroom) lols

Comments

Popular Posts