We're both "adults" here

It was this month that made me realize something in my life. I have grown out off the silly things that I used to do but there are are few things that still remains and one of them is my heart. For many times, my heart had been butchered and fried; served with spice and all that could burn my soul. I found and old poem that I wrote when I started out in college.

Untitled (14th of October, 1996)
As we go through life,
we have a good chance to look around.
See and know the kinds of life that we have found
Journey into your mind
and see what you are,
travel into your heart
and feel the thing you are.
We are what we are,
and no one can change it... only us.
Being ourselves is the result of our values and trust.
The kind of life that we went with our own voice
Observe and play a great influence on your choice...
- end -

I've forgotten about this poem of mine and as I read it once again, I laughed at the thought that I was more of an adult while I was writing that poem... or was I just pretending? I was only sixteen at that time. Now that I look at things, it's been ten years that pass and I didn't know what I was writing then but only subconsciously. I didn't want to grow up but right now... I am actually ready to take that step what they call “adult-hood”.

Making my own meal, fixing my hair... those were just the tip of the iceberg. I gotta save up again and look forward to my future. Concentrate more on my career and with everything in my life, actually. Funny how it was looking at my past. Some of them are good and some are bad still at the end... it's our own choice that will make our future. So, I say now... think carefully; think wisely; and plan ahead. :)

man.. my writing is abit sucky... I need an editor. :p

Comments

Unknown said…
Nuuuuu!

But I don't wanna grow up!

=P
Dee said…
ahahahaha... you'll have to, you know? one of these days. :p
Unknown said…
Dr. McCoy looked up from the body.

"It's still alive Jim, but it's in some kind of comatose state. No telling what would happen if we move it."

Capt. Kirk strikes a thoughtful pose then nods at Dr. McCoy.

"I believe you are right Hank, so I guess this leaves us with only one option."

"Which is what exactly?" the doctor asks.

"This!" says Capt. Kirk as he kneeled beside the comatose form. "POKE! POKE! POKE!"


Couldn't resist. I blame the sugar on the ensaymada. (^_^)
Tuna Caserole said…
Editor! *raises hand* ^^ Just kidding. =]

Just passing by. =]
Tuna Caserole said…
btw, I linked you to my blog =]
Dee said…
@editor heheee.... for free :D

just kidding. ^_^ thanks for dropping by

Popular Posts