Love

love [v.]
1. To be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply."
2. To get pleasure from; "I love cooking"; SYN. enjoy.
3. To have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him."
4. To have sexual intercourse with SYN. make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, have intercourse.
fall in love [v.]
1. To begin to experience feelings of love towards.
love [n.]
1. A deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love."
2. Any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love" or "he has a passion for cock fighting"; SYN. passion.
3. A strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love."
4. A score of zero in tennis or squash; "it was 40 love."

Such a small word for so many meanings and such a big thing to deal with. I would do anything for the one I love and the ones I love are my family and friends. Right now, my brother is having problems with his girlfriend. Her mother is in the hospital and badly needs medicine and operation but they can't afford the hospital bills. I don't really care that much for my brother's girl friend since I don't know her very well, although, I know my brother and I love him. I can't stand seeing him so sad and problematic. I offered my help... as much as I can. Some of the payment that I receive from my outside projects goes to him and I hope he would give it to his girlfriend as additional payment for the bills and medicine.

My aunt had this look that she gave me one when I worked my ass off trying to raise money for ex's father's operation. Thinking why would I do such a thing? Knowing that my ex isn't blood related at all and why would I sacrifice my time. I couldn only say, "if it's to save someone's life...then why not?"

I can't save everyone from dying or from sickness. I have to be honest, I don't really give much of a damn to others that I don't know or even with acquaintances. But I am not blind. I can't just stand there and, knowing that someone who is somehow connected to me, suffer from their problems, from their pain, and sadness. I have to do something, right? I know how it feels.

I'm no saint either... since I know at the back of my head, I have sinned and this is how I try to repay them. By helping someone out; by helping someone close to me. I could also say that I'm selfish. I want to feel so much love in my heart and how I wish I could get it from someone I want but I couldn't... I can't. Thus, I give this "love" to someone who needs it more. Then, hope that one day that... that someone who I am waiting for would wake up and see me. Am I a fool to think of such? I shouldn't stop hoping or maybe I should. These are the questions that tags along with the word love. Is it wrong to love someone and ask something in return?

Right now, my brother needs some comfort and I am here if he, ever, wants to receive it.

Comments

Popular Posts