Remembering: Love Ones

"The people fear most isn't death, but the fear of being forgotten." And that is my fear. I haven't done anything great to be remembered by. The people around me that died, I still remember most of them. My friend from grade school who died from a bicycle accident, how could I ever forget that? It was the day after she and I had a fight. I didn’t have the chance to say sorry.

My grandfather who passed away because of a stroke, how I wanted to be so close to him but it never happened. My favorite Aunt, who died before my high-school graduation, that I love more than my mother. She was the one who took care of me while my mother was busy with work. My cousin, who died trying to give birth and at the same time the child died with her. She was a good wife and a good chemist. She thought me how to make those crystallized minerals when I was a kid, although, I forgot how to make them now. My grandmother who died at 86. She didn’t want to die she wanted to live and wanted to see her grandchild getting married and having a child but her body just couldn’t hold on.

There’s a lot more of them who passed away and they made an imprint in my mind and in my heart. They will always be here, they will always be remembered.

Tonight, I say my prayers for my god father -- Al Manriquez. May the angels above guide you to heaven and may your angels guard your family as long as they live.

Comments

Dee said…
I'm sad because my god father died last saturday. My god father, Al Manriquez, he was the one who introduced me to web designing. He was the one who believe in me that I will be a good web designer. If it wasn't for him... I wouldn't be here where I am.

At the wake... I wanted to say something... but whenever I think of what I'm going to say... I would just start to cry. I couldn't speak without having this feeling that I have frog in my throat
behja said…
dear friend, you'll be surprised by how much people will remember you for the little things. just looking at your own entry, you can see that you dont remember your loved ones for doing anything great. i'll bet you've touched a lot of lives. heck, i'll always remember the good times with the jaegers.

Popular Posts