Insurance?

Late this evening, I got a phone call on my landline. I answered and there's a guy on the other end looking for my father. It's about an Insurance concerning last month. I referred him to another landline to contact my dad.

And all of a sudden this guy asked me who I am. Usually they ask so they can tell to the person they are looking for knows how they got the number. I said I'm the daughter and so he specifically asked my first name. I, without thinking of anything else, said my real name. He started commenting that I have a very unique and lovely name. I know I should be flattered but then he continued on talking when I was about to say "thank you."

He quickly asked how old I am. It stopped me from my thoughts, if this was a cartoon or anime. You'd start seeing a force field or a huge brick wall forming around me. Within a few seconds, he still continued asking too many personal questions. "Are you still schooling?" he asked. "Schooling" Ugh, I want to laugh so hard but I just couldn’t I was annoyed that I have the feeling where this conversation is going. First of all, in my head I wanted to say, "It's 'studying', you dolt." But he just couldn’t stop yapping. He kept asking one question to another. Note to this tale, I was at first calm and talking in Tagalog and he was speaking in English. I then said, "No sir, I’m already working."

From that question, I thought he’s going to offer me insurance. Then he went on, "ah so you’re born around ’78 or ’79?" I don’t want to assume things and wanted to be sure if he is offering an insurance contract. His tone of voice was then changed to somewhat perky and then all of a sudden he said that he and I are at the same age. Then he went on saying how lovely my name is again. At this time, one of my eyebrows started to rise. "Where the hell is this guy going at?" I said to myself but I already know a mile away he’s trying to hit on me.

I started to tell him to call my father already if its about business and why is he asking me too many personal questions. He then said, "I just want to be friends with you. Can I ask for you number?" *ding!!!!* That was it… it hit my nerve and now my hunches are confirmed. He IS hitting on me. I said "no" when he asked for my number. Then he continued to ask, if he can be my friend. "Don’t you have your own friends?" I asked. What a lame way to meet a girl?! I know I’m single but I’m not desperate. "Friends" Oh yeah, riiiight. He asked again for my number. I said once again, "look I’m with my boyfriend and you really came off at the wrong way to meet a girl." Yes, I lied about having a boyfriend, 'coz it usually works... but not this one. Ah no, sir.

He went on saying that he just wants to be friends with me. I said again, no. He asked, "why not?" By this time, I really got pissed off and answered back with an angry but still mild tone. "Look here, I don’t want to be rude but you’re making me to do so. Do you want me to call your company and tell them that you’re harassing me?"

He then said that he’s not harassing; he just wanted to be friends. Like DUH!!! "If making someone to give out their number when they don’t want to; IS harassment already." I said taking my voice a bit higher. Was I too blunt? Though, he’s asking for it.

This ended the conversation and good riddance. Is there a "tractor beam" or a "singles satellite" for losers to find a girl who is single to get hit on? Or are there just too many losers out there?

I really should get a caller ID. This is starting to annoy me.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am feeling ebul... hehehe.

You might be giving off an aura that attracts stalkers and creepy people.

Kidding!

...otherwise I might fall into that category.

Seriously though, caller ID or an answering machine would be a good idea. We already had our caller ID discontinued (it was too expensive for us) and just plug in the answering machine every time the amount of prank callers hits an annoying level.

Make sure the answering machine speakers are set on high so that you can screen your calls and jump for the handset if you recognize the caller.
Anonymous said…
yo diwa! sana you got the name of the person and the company. :( then tayo naman ang mang-harass! hehe...

seriously, just be careful next time. :)
Anonymous said…
hehe you should have given him a number... number ng mental hospital ehehe ;-)

Popular Posts