First day of work

I woke up at around 7 in the morning and it hit me. I wasn't really excited to go to my new job. What was I thinking? Aside from being all tired from this weekend's event, I wasn't really sure what I am going to do with my new job. I came in late and so did the other people in my department. I reported to the head of the HR and she told me that I won't just be doing graphic animation but I'll doing prints and other collaterals and also if the need arises, I'll be an IT developer. WHAT THE FUCK!? I didn't sign for this?!

The moment I opened my pc. It was... for the lack of better terms "slow." Yes, it's a p4 1.80ghz processor with 763 DDR memory, with a 128 NDVIA video card, a Windows 2000 for the OS and a frigging 300mb space left on the drive C. The mouse didn't have any scroller and its squeeky.

I tried to open the photoshop and the moment I clicked it. A message popped up "Browsing for photoshop.exe". Thinking to myself, I wanted to slam my head on the table as I try to ask, "Did I make the right decision on getting this so-called position?" I started missing my old computer at the old office. Then I said to myself, this is just a bad dream... I'll just have to make my dream work, if I want to keep my career on the move.

Anyway, on the last day of the LU Live event. Sir Jake told me that if I want to go back, the position is still open and they will gladly take me in. LOL, I could see it now that Moonie will tell me... "kaw ha, doing the Mark Navaro way, ah."

Man... I miss them so much.

Comments

Unknown said…
Give it a try first. To tell the truth I'm a bit envious of you going off to do something other than what you have been doing. I just have to hold on for at least one more year; one more year.
Dee said…
but gelo?! IT developer?! geeze man! i don't think I'm cut out for this... my mom did warn me about having so work with such high price but this is rediculous
Ching Santos said…
kaw ha... doing the mark navarro way ha... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Anonymous said…
Give it a try. You never know. Besides your young, your additional skills will help you in the long run. :D

I envy you all having a job and all, even when I'm earning from a hobby. Sometimes I miss going back to work, working for the same ass-hats from LU, the low pay, the sub-human conditions, the actual work..

Mhrm..maybe not. I should just count my blessings. ^^;;
Dee said…
Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
-Dylan Thomas

Popular Posts