Watashi no houhou

watashi no houhou (my manner; my way; my means; my technique)


My last week's experiences were godsend. I started working and my first few days were incredible. I think, I found a very suitable office and having a job as a web designer again. I was very surprised that they think I am really good with with what I do and that is designing websites. I was really humbled that most of the people there knows me and have been following most of my works.

Last Friday, one of my officemate and a so-called friend who I met on the Internet around five years ago told me why shouldn't I work in Singapore or something. He believed that I am really good with what I do. Honestly speaking, I don't think that I am really that good. My self-esteem is too low. I know that I love creating websites and creating art but working outside the Philippines isn't part of them.

It is kind of sad that most companies here in the Philippines doesn't give much appreciations to most designers and graphic artist alike. Most of them think that being a graphic artist is such an easy job. Making websites isn't all fun and games. Also in creating paintings, one place their emotion into their work. There are a lot of people who are business minded and I understand that. I guess, having the idea of staying and working here in the Philippines is such a small effort on being a Patriot.

I love my country, yes, even if there are poverty; monkey business in politics; very unusual weather; alligators in the services; those things also exist in other countries. Although, despite of them all, I love the people. I love my family, friends, my home, my life style and the food. I don't want to be far away from these, not even for a second.

I'd like to visit other countries but I can't imagine staying outside of the country for more than a month. I admire those who I met who are working in other countries for they are brave.

Comments

Champurao said…
I really appreciate the fact that you decided to stay here in the Philippines and work here, despite how hard life would be here. (I honestly think it's not that hard though!)

A lot of people leave the country to search for "greener pasture". However, not all OFWs experience success right away.

I've been outside the country, but I couldn't imagine myself living in the United States, for example. I guess it's because if I stay elsewhere, I'll always long for home.

Keep up the good work with your web designs!

Popular Posts