Perfume


Prefume: The Story of a Murder. At first, I didn't know this movie or even the novel existed. It was my dad who told me that we are going to watch it. A few hours ago, I waited for my parents in Shangrila and when they arrived, we got ourselves tickets. My mom's friend, Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo (a writer, poet, linguist and a feminist), was with us and we were talking about movies that was made here with titles that didn't even had any relevance on the story.

While watching the movie, I didn't expect anything from it. It was one of the most interesting story that I have seen after Pirates of the Caribbean. There wasn't an actual plot but the story revolves around this person who has a unique sense of smell. So unique that it scared me. The boy who grew up uneducated and didn't know what is right from wrong. To him, there was no right or wrong but only his sense of smell and the will to preserve the essence of everything. I enjoyed watching the movie on every aspect. The details, the camera angles, the lighting, the setup, the era and to what I could best describe it - the "essence" of the title itself.

It is a must watch!

Comments

Popular Posts