My game play and my Shaman

A few days ago, some of my guild mates asked me this same question – "Why aren't you playing your DK (Death Knight) anymore?" It's a long story but to cut things short, I told them that there isn't much shaman in the guild. I asked them, "who are the only active shaman in the guild lately?" Some of them still could not figure out why I don't play my DK. It's not that I don't want to play my DK but my DK is in another account where my first (supposedly main character) is and I sort of stop paying for the game time of that account.

In all of the MMOs that I've played, namely: Ragnarok Online; MU Online; ROSE Online; Rising Force Online; Perfect World; Guildwars, and including World of Warcraft; I've been a healer or a long range damage dealer. The first and longest MMORPG that I've played was Ragnarok Online. I played that game for more or less four years, but I think it was more. I became a battle master (which my guild master and friend back then bestowed upon me) and I also became a guild master of my own in a different server. It was hard on putting real effort to maintain the people in a guild but with hardship, everything paid off. I'm still friends with most of them and some still think of me as their GM even if I don't play that game anymore. I had to level quite a few classes to complement the need when defending or attacking a castle. I stopped playing that game when there were just too many "bots".

In Rising Force or RF Online, I played as a Soul Chandra (also a healer) who jumped into a lot of different guild searching for the right one that makes me feel that I am certainly needed. RF Online was one of the best games that I played, IMHO. Alas, the Koreans didn't manage the game well enough that it flopped. After that, I played Guildwars. My first character was an assassin where I deleted her after a few times when my guild master in that game asked me to be a healer and so I did. Thanks for my boyfriend and his best friend for telling them that I'm a good healer. *bleh* I don't really like to feel that kind of pressure on me.

Anyway before I dwell too much on memory lane, I guess, my real reason why I play my Shaman more than my DK is that my game play is never really about having the most damage or giving the most heals but I want to play a character that is needed. Aside from that fact that I can be a long range DPS or healer when using my Shaman. Of course, just by saying that, I have to perform well enough to be respected. How I got Neinei is another long story but it all began when I told my Guild Master that I want to balance the guild's need for raids and going to start making a shaman. It took a while to get used to the skills of a shaman within just two weeks of training.

I asked some of my guild mates to be my guinea pigs for healing since being a Resto Shaman is a tricky business. They do better supporting in raids using chain heal but it's really hard to heal when it comes to 5-man instances. Then you have to balance the haste rating, spell powers, critical strike, with mp5. Also, I find that being a healer in wow is really different compared to other games that I already played. In Guildwars, there's no potions. You just have to rely on mana regen. In RF Online, the cool down of pots is really quick so I can just spam my skills without having to worry on my mana. Within two weeks or so, I managed to learn how to heal well enough to be able to have some people who I pugged before to invite me almost every time that I go online.

Lately, I haven't been able to go online since my internet is having problems right now. I get disconnected as soon as I log on since my character is in Dalaran.

Even if blizzard's been changing the Shaman's skills with no better reason, I still love being a shaman.

Comments

Popular Posts