The Cracked Egg

My only reason for doing the daily quests for The Oracles is because of the Green proto-drake inside a Mysterious Egg as my friend, Yvannah, mentioned it to me a few months ago. I did not make it a habit to do the daily quests there but only when I have time to do so. I did some research in wowhead.com and saw that it only has a 2% chance of dropping. Two percent?! I managed to convince myself that at least it's a whole number instead of a 0.7 or 0.1 at that matter.

For two months, I did the three dailies not knowingly I can already buy the Mysterious Egg when I reached my reputation to revered. A week ago, I thought why not check their Quartermaster, Geen. I bought the egg as quick as I could right click it. I placed the egg at the last slot of my last bag so that I could not sell it by mistake and could see how many days left until I can open it.

A week pass by and I hardly notice the egg became a Cracked Egg. Yesterday, around noon Yvannah and I were talking through chat via Facebook and the topic was about the Green proto-drake. He told me that he already wasted more than a hundred egg and still didn't get the mount. I began to think that my chances would be of the same fate.

Last night, I was at Azuremyst Isle following Yvannah around as he does his quest. I was looking at my bags and arranging my loots to give space so I can get him some items to help him level. Walking around, I saw the egg and opened it.

Yvannah and I suddenly stopped and said "OMG".

It dropped! On my first egg.. it dropped! a Green proto-drake from the oracle egg!

Yvannah, you are my luck rabbit's foot! <3

Popular Posts